11/03/07

A dream come True


~~~Yesterday I put on a bunch of my Swing Music CD's. The 1st being Brian Setzler. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught Dyllan be-bopping past me on the tile floor. In between taking down Halloween decorations and washing dishes, I danced with Dyllan showing him my moves and him insisting I try his. He made one up and it went like this: Put your right foot out to the side, slide it back in, wiggle like crazy. It was cute and went with the music!
~~~ Dyllan kept asking for "fast " music, so I played "Eddie Reed", Big bad Voo Doo Daddy, Squirrel Nut Zippers, and Royal Crown Review. I've seen a lot of these guys in person and have many autographs and memories to go along with the music.

*
~~~The pic above is of Me, Swing dancing many years ago at Disney land. I used to go to the thrift store and find vintage goodies to make a costume for dancing. My hubby is not much of a dancer of any kind so I have not danced for a while. Although now I'm looking forward to teaching Dyllan and to some day have a new partner!

~ Click on the pic for more detail!

11 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What fun you and Dylan must have had,
Alison

Rosemary said...

Cool Michelle!
A chip off of the old block as they say. We saw Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy last Christmas time. Great show!!
Loved your pictures.
Rosemary

zakkalife said...

Isn't swing dancing fun? Very uplifting! Wish my husband had the same perspective.

Thanks for the snit award. LOL when I saw it. If you only knew.

Sorry I haven't responded to any of your comments lately. My family was visiting from Oregon and they took over my house. We live in small house so we stayed at the inlaws so my family had some space. It's nice to finally be back to normal.

From the pictures, looks like you had a fun Halloween party. The pumpkin looks great, I'm assuming its the foam one (good idea).

Almost forgot, checked out the tampon crafts. I wasn't offended at all. Now that's a resourceful crafter! The ghost was actually cute if you can get past what it's made out of.

jessica

Natasha Burns said...

sounds like fun! i love the sound of swing music, i have no idea of the people who perform it but it's such happy fun music to listen to!

Lori said...

that sounds like SO much fun...i bet Dyllan is a great dancer...enjoy it now, my boys have gotten "too old" to do silly things with me...i really miss that!

Beth Leintz said...

Swing music- what a great idea for a weekend afternoon! Might put on some myself!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really go all out for Halloween. Love all the great decorations and costumes. Lots of fun at your house. Have a nice weekend!

Dorian Fletcher said...

Thanks for visiting Uncommon Ephemera. The "Ghouls" party has been living a very extended life!

Laura said...

Looks like Halloween was a big success at your house. Dancing with your kiddies is serious fun. My husband is famous for teaching disco dancing in our foyer while wearing a straw cowboy hat. And thank you so for the birthday greeting. Part of a perfect day.

paru's_circle said...

Michelle, is this a 12 x 12 scrapbook LO? it turned out grat!! love the photos and paper with mickey heads!hope you rcd my email

Sweet Remembrance said...

Swing...how fun!
Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day...
Priscilla

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...