Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
~ We watched "The Blair Witch", "Creep Show" and a little bit of "Signs" With the exception of creep show which is fun along with a few other movies of that nature that I own, I personally get a better thrill on the movies that freak out my mentality.
The "what if" factor.
~In blair witch, the tent scenes always get to me. As a former girl scout in my younger days, we camped, alot. And when you are sitting in your tent, having to pee so bad, debating whether to wake up a friend to go with you or brave it alone, it's then you start hearing those night noises of things walking around out side your tent. We camped alot locally but every year we went to Yosemeti.
~ One night I heard a strange noise right up against my tent flap. I woke up a friend and she said the noise was probally 1/2 imagination mixed with snoring from one of the dad's that came along on the trip. The next morning, Bear tracks were found around our tents!
I promise not to ramble any more cause I have alot to do until Halloween.
Here's my To Do list for today:
- Have Dyllan help make treats for his Pre-school class: stealing the rice crispie bar on a stick idea, will show pic's later. Done!
- Have Dyllan help make mini cards for friends Done!
- Prep for MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) Basically a support group for mommies where we have free babysitting, food, interesting speakers and great crafts taught by me!
- The craft I chose for this wed, is making a "mask". I have multi colored foam sheets, bag o colorful feathers, assorted rinestones and glitter glue. I'll make a demo to be tied around the head and a hand held mask held with a mini dowl. I'll have basic mask templates and let them do the rest. Teaching for such a large group (up to 50) in 30 minutes gives me alot of practice. Done!
If I get this done, which I should, then these are my other catch up stuff:
- 100th post treats
- 100th post winner crown, + one for me!
- Oct. blog winners
- demo's for my "Vintage Village Swap" that I'll be hosting soon and you don't want to miss out on!
- Christmas Post Card Swap
- Craft challenge of vintage women ( almost Done and should be #1)
- Drop Dyllan off at Pre-school
- jam over to the pumpkin patch for 2 med pumpkins, 1 for me to make into something special, and 1 for Dyllan to help carve.
- finish off on Mondays stuff.
- pick up Dyllan from pre-school, then lunch and give him a nap.
- bake brownies for ghost and some newbi frenkensteins.
Now off to leave some comments.
As much as I love Halloween, this blackness on my blog is so"over", I can't wait till the 1st when I can change it to a warm vintage Autumn look with maybe the "fall crown" as the banner!
Friday, October 26, 2007
~This award shall be presented only to worthy artists who have shown evidence of being in a creative snit.
(I've copied and pasted most of this info from Jan's site to better explain)
The definition of snit: snit - noun.
a state of agitated irritation; "she was in a snit.". However, don't you agree CREATIVE SNIT requires a somewhat different definition?
....creative snit - noun. a state of creative chaos, creative frustration, or a state of obsessive creativity: "she was in a creative snit.".
~ Therefore, worthy recipients of this prestigious award should demonstrate one or more of the following criteria:
***1) photos of their chaotic creative studio spaces see this post for pic of my "creative station"
***2) reports of staying up till the wee hours of the morning while consuming large amounts of coffee and/or chocolate in order to finish a swap or prepare for a show. ( yes I am up late usually till 2am! but instead drinking something alchoholic and eating what ever looks good.)
***3) documented frustration over the creative process. (all the time!)
***4) evidence of a large quantity of art created over a small period of time. (see any post)
***5) photos of the recipient at vendor night at any art retreat because it goes without saying that ALL attendees at such events are either in, or will soon be, in a creative snit. (again, here at the scrapbook retreat!)
***6) witnessing the recipient in a SNIT at a CREATIVE EVENT! (ask anyone who's seen me teach, host a crop, or work my table at a boutique!)
~~~So I am passing on this wonderfully humorous award to the following for their undying passion to add "just one more thing" on their projects only to finally fall asleep with glue on their pants and glitter in their hair!
- Sheri http://blendedcolors.blogspot.com/
- Laurie http://glitterworksstudio.blogspot.com/
- Jessica http://www.zakkalife.blogspot.com/
- Laura http://katydiddys.blogspot.com/
- Susan http://www.creativedestination.typepad.com/
And, girls, you keep this award going by awarding it to those artists that you know that would get a kick out of it.........and be deserving at the same time!)
Thursday, October 25, 2007
(click on each photo for more detail!)
Bake your choice of brownies and cut into squares.
- Take white frosting and add a dab to each large marshmellow, then secure to brownies.
3. Melt the remaining frosting in the microwave till runny. Spoon over brownies creating the "ghost" effect.
4. Add black frosting for eyes. If you make these a day in advance the will look even more dramatic!
- 1 package of keebler striped chocolate cookies, unrapped hershey kisses of choice, colored frosting in a can or tube.
- attach kisses to underside of cookie with a dab of frosting
- draw ribbon with frosting, add other effects if you want.
- 1 package of hot dogs (your choice)
- refrigerated croisants
- roll up each dog in a croisant, leaving each dog end showing.
- with a paring knife, cut out alittle bit of each dog end to resemble a "nail bed"
- bake according to croisant directions
- cut each crisant dog in 1/2
- squeeze ketchup into each nail bed.
Some other things I'll be serving at our 3rd annual Trick or Treat party is grilled cheese sandwitches and tomatoe soup warming in a crock pot for parents to sip in a cup as they stroll from house to house.
Check out the above treat idea that I'm going to make for Dyllan's school friends! I found it on on Heather's site! You are going to "kick" yourself when you see just how easy it is too make these yummy's!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
The lucky winner for the crown is Zakka Life! Please take a moment to see her little demo! I can't wait to try it out!
~ Our home is safe from the fires but not from the smoke! We are fairly close to Camp Pendelton's fire and it's just awful! The sky is orange. We are staying in the with air conditioner on auto and 2 air purifiers running.
~As you may have read earlier, I went to my Mom's in Borrego Springs for a visit with Dyllan on Sat, and came home on Monday. During the stay, the only time the tv was on was to play Dyllan's Dvd's. And plus the air was fantastic in the desert, blue skys with lots of wind. We had no clue to what was going on in california until Monday. All the normal ways out of Borrego were closed or on fire. I ended up adding 2 hrs onto my already 2 hr drive to take the "back" way out of Salton Sea and Palm Springs route. I will post pic's from this visit soon.
Please enjoy my card creations!
I learned the art of "punch craft" from a friends on tuesday while Dyllan was in pre-school.
I love the frog the best. He required: 4 oval punches, 1 round, some little circles for the eyes and a flower punches for the toes.
The pink flower is obvious that I used 2 sizes in ovals, a mini flower in the center and I cut a circle punch in 1/2 for the leaves.
The lady bugs were oh so simple and the folded flower was fun to make!
I used 5 tags, tiney flower, and butons. I'll add a demo on this one another time.
I don't own these punches, but I do have the cricut which can make multiples of these shapes in various sizes for me!
Friday, October 19, 2007
~ I'll be visiting until Monday afternoon. My main goal for going is to sort through my Mom's vintage Christmas stuff for something "special" that will be the base of a Christmas swap I'll be hosting through Blog land. Cant wait!
Make sure to "link" your post to me, so others can join the fun!
Thursday, October 18, 2007
I'm preparing for the celebration with two demo's and a special give away.
Here's how it works:
1. Upload pics and word details of a fall themed demo to your blog any time starting Friday, October 19th, ending last hour of Monday, October 22nd.
Make sure to "link" your post to me, so others can join the fun!
2. Post a comment on my 100th post letting me know what you've done, include your blog link.
3. Upload as many demo's as you can create, you have 5 days to play!
4. Each person that participates in this demo will receive a hand crafted Fall themed cone from me, stuffed with inspirational goodies!
5. One lucky participant will receive a beautiful fall themed, glittery "Crown" made by yours truly.
Hope you can join the fun!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
***Feel Free to "Click" on all the pic's for close up detail! ***
Hard to see unless you click on it, I saw this "somewhere" and used CD's as templates onto cereal boxes. Stamped the letters and then added glitter.
The jumble of stuff is a doll I made, some mini books, and loose goodies.
The other is a card holder I made eon's ago that is always up except for Christmas. I decorated it with all my Halloween tags and cards. Some I made, some received.
Do you notice my LOVE of Disney? I'm missing one of the hitch hiking ghost and the dead bride.
Let me know if you find them any where!
I would love to add them to the collection!
For the downstairs bathroom, I take out the bulbs and cover the vent fan light with layers of purple suran wrap. It gives off a eerie glow. I have some spiders hanging from the ceiling and minimal deco's except for my floor creature.
Our front door is metal. So I'm often putting up Dyllan's art work for him and all who enter to admire. Don't you love his little ghost foot prints? The bat's are my creations and the partial moon you see is made at his request to fly his rocket ships to.
Looking out from the house and my front door. I made the sign and the other side has a Fall greeting.