12/02/08

Starting to feel like Christmas...

~ It's nice that the weather is cooler now, as living in Southern California, it has been unusually warm lately. It's just now starting to feel like Christmas. I will spend the rest of the week dragging tubs of deco's out of storage and putting them up inside and out.
~Every year I say I'm going to cut back and put up less, but then I dream up new designs and my creative muse takes over! I'm looking forward to getting our first "real" Christmas tree since Dyllan was born over 4 years ago! When he was little we always had the fake fold up tree on a table or stereo cabinet, and being so small, it limited what we could decorate it with.
*
~We are picking out our tree this Friday, a nice Noble Fir, my favorite!
We will be putting it in front of our big living room window but since it will be in Dyllan's play area, I'll be saving my vintage glass ornaments for another year and only putting unbreakable decorations on it including hand made ornaments that Dyllan and I can create!
*
~ I'm sorry that the advent calendar above is not my usual style, but it works!
I decoupaged a old rusty coca~cola metal tray and made the little numbered boxes out of Christmas cards and patterned paper. Then I attached round magnets to the back. Inside each box is a little wooden ornament to be hung on a little tree.
Last year in box #25 I put a hot wheels car. This year I will most likely put a star wars action figure. ;)
*
~ Today, beside doing Christmas deco's, I'm finally taking photo's of all those things I've being working on for the shop! Tags, wire creations, craft supplies ,kits, and more tree's...!

See you soon!

2 comments:

NW said...

You are so creative Michelle!!!
How do you find the time to think up all that you do???
I can barely remember to take a shower...let alone make decoupage out of old cards!!! LOL
I tip my hat to you and cannot wait until my children all do their nights and all could appreciate arts & crafts with mama! :o) Only 2-3 years to go!!!
Hugs xoxox

IMA WAHM said...

I love the Advent calendar idea. It makes me want to make one myself.

BrendaMarie
An ATC Addict
http://anatcaddict.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...