5/28/09

Don't try this at home...

Ok, so the chicken did not exactly explode, but everything else did!
It was one of those, "where the 'heck' was my mommy brain?" days!
I was roasting a chicken in a dark Pyrex dish in the oven as usual.
I had it at 500 degrees to later have it finish it's roasting at 350. It never made it to 350.
The chicken started to smoke and I remembered if you put water to the pan, the grease of the chicken won't smoke, only my "mommy brain" did not connect that you are supposed to add the water before turning the oven to 500.
After I added the water, I heard a "crick" and closed the door of the oven in time before the glass dish exploded inside the oven.
Besides my stupidity, I think the dish was old as well, but am thankful I chose that dish as opposed to the clear one for easier clean up!
In the photo, you can see the chicken sitting on what's "left" of the dish.

6 comments:

michelle said...

I am glad you are okay that could of been a bad moment. . . I had to come check out the rest of the story.

Mahala said...

Oh man! I've done that.

Sherry Goodloe said...

Ooooh I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it WAS! Yikes

Alison Gibbs said...

oh no!!!
It could have been so much worse.
We all have days like this
Alison

Buffi said...

Don't feel bad, I had heated some bird seed in a pyrex dish so that the seeds wouldn't sprout when the birds dropped them. Pulled pyrex bowl out of microwave and put it on the counter when boom. Bird seed and pyrex everywhere.
Love the pics of Dyllan.

Pam Hoffman said...

way to make lemonade out of your 'lemons' story...

glad everyone was ok!

Pam Hoffman
http://seminarlist.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/PamHoffman

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...