6/07/10

"Wish You Were Here!" Summer Charm Swap!

The Theme is "Wish You Were Here"


Please make 15 charms. (if less than 15 sign up, I'll ship extra's back to you)
$5 for shipping,Stamps OK but no meter labels please.
I also accept payments via pay pal, (I'll give you that address per request)
Due by July 31st, 2010
International Welcome...please include extra shipping.

the premise: make up 15 (mostly the same) charms of your ONE favorite summer memory.
Can be from childhood to now.
Any memory!

Include with each charm a 4X6 card made up to look like a post card.
Should be sturdy. not paper thin.So as not to get bent in shipping.
(same as recipe/index cards, but you can cut your own too)
The ( postcard) image side is about your summer memory but does not have to be exact.
Can be assorted images, collages from travel brochures, painted, stamped, fabric, or even a real photo.

the other side should look like a real post card.
On the left side: Write your greeting...(just like you would normally on a PC)
Dear Friend,
example- I'm having so much fun camping with the girls scouts. I love Yosemite!
sign it..Wish you were here!

The right side will have your contact info.- web site, blog, e-mail....
these can all be made with a printer or copy machine
(please do not write all 15 by hand!)
but have fun and make it creative!

Please be creative in making your charms!
(sorry I don't have a charm sample to show yet!)

Use fun supplies but be sure they are safe to wear or display.
Your charm must have a ring or clasp attached.
( can be wire wrapped, but be sure the charm will not fall off.)
Please do not make your charm out of paper, unless the design is approved by me.

You can get idea's from our past swaps of what materials can be used~ shrink plastic, wire, bottle caps, rusty things, glass, clay, recycled, felt, soldered, fabric, buttons, beads, findings...
and more!
Sign up's are taken until we reach 15 charm makers.
If you are interested in joining, feel free to post here and then shoot me a e-mail!
altered-art@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Charm Making Participants so far:

1. Michelle Cummings
2. Mahala Elliott
3. Ashani Samuel
4. Victoria Sturdevant
5. Marissa Wong
6. Jessica Mount
7. Angela Hoffman
8. Carol Hoffmann
9. Elizabeth Coffey
10. ?
11. ?
12. ?
13. ?
14. ?
15. ?



2 comments:

Mahala said...

I've started on my charms and postcards already!

Embley Veronica said...

May I join in? I'm sending you an email with my info. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...