4/01/11

"Discovery Girl" Mini Book

This week for The Robin's Nest, I decided to make a "Discovery Girl" mini book!
I used a acrylic album for the base and the following Robins Nest items:
Discovery Girl Glitter
Little Girl Crown
Little Girl Swirl
Glitter Butterfly's
Dew Drops
Discovery Girl Rub on

I traced the acrylic album pages onto the decided papers and carefully cut out with precision scissors. Before adhering to acrylic, I distressed each page, front and back with brown ink. Then I carefully wiped away all fingerprints before adhearing with large paper thin glue dots.

Please feel free to click on any photo for a close up detail. :)
The Robins nest rub on's come with a generic Popsicle stick, but I prefer to use my favorite tool by basic grey. The flat end helps position the rub on, while the other end has a ball, which helps create better friction when rubbing the image.
I used the rub ons on both the acrylic plastic (as seen here) and on the actual papers.

I only put the glue dots on all four corners, leaving the top and bottoms open to slide in any mementos/photo's later.

A gold leafing pen add's some shimmer to the pages, and embellishments.

For the flowers, I used a Fiskars scalloped circle punch on corrugated cardboard. The leaves are just some double sided foil wrapping paper I had on hand.




For the front cover, I trimmed a very large doily, inked the edges, added a small butterfly and decorative flower. Advice on adhering the paper doily- stick the glue dot directly to your surface and then place the doily. The doily is delicate and glue dots are unforgiving. ;)
The sheer ribbon can be bought at any craft store. I just used colors that accented the album. Tie them directly onto the rings connecting the album. Use a double knot to ensure they do not come undone.


That's it! I had fun creating this album and hope you had as much fun looking at it! See more creations on the Robin's Nest Blog here.

1 comment:

Vic said...

I love your album!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...