4/04/11

Happy "Sparkly" Easter Basket!



This month for the Designers Crafts Blog Connection, the theme is Spring/Easter.
So I decided to make this cute "Sparkly" Easter basket!
I started with some chicken wire which I molded into a basket shape.

Then I raided my ribbon and vintage trim stash for these pretties.

I threaded them in and out of the chicken wire holes, just like basket weaving.
For the basket rim, I decided to use pretty pink and white lace. I "stitched" this in place with thin wire.

Then I strung beads and pink flower sequins onto wire.

I took apart silk roses and just used a smaller piece with a larger piece for the flowers I needed.

I threaded the beaded center through the two layers of petals and to keep the petals from falling off, I added another sequined flower and little bead at the base of each flower. Finishing off with a secure twist of the wire.

I twisted the wire ends of each flower all around the basket rim, added some pink tinsel to the inside rim, again "sewing" with thin wire and then added the handle and rose/leaf extra's.



I think it's a beautiful basket and will look lovely on my table for Easter.
I hope you have enjoyed this craft I made!

Thanks for coming by! Comments welcome!

3 comments:

Vic said...

Cute!

Maria said...

sparkly work! i like it! lovely greetings

http://design-elements-blog.com/

TracyM #6773 said...

So sweet and sparkly, especially love how you have done the flowers Michelle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...