4/29/11

Hot! Hot! Hot!


Hot! Hot! Hot!
Is just what this mini book is created with. Papers and Dew Drop bling from The Robins Nest! Since the theme was "Flames" I thought it would be fun to make a Summer Memories book.

Supplies used-
From The Robins Nest shop:
Abracadabra Dew drops
Ruby Red Diamond drops
Glitter Red Journal Cards
The Flames line of paper... Red Sorbet Glitter, Flames, Flames Swirls, Wind Flames.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other items:
Plain mini album book, Tom Bo glue, yellow & orange Souffle pens, black sharpie, white crayon, precision scissor, paper trimmer, foam tape, stapler, red ink mist, yellow, black & red ink, black / yellow card stock,Tacky glue and a paper crimper.

The Flames paper is amazing. It's just the coolest patterned paper you will EVER find.
Trust me. Perfect shaped flames outlined in red glitter. What could be hotter?
I used my precision scissors to get nice detailed cuts of the flames.
(please click on any of the photos for close up detail...you won't be disappointed!)

I randomly added pieces of paper through out the book. Adhering them with the tacky glue. Then I went to work with the souffle pens which I believe are a absolute must for every crafter. Yes....they can be pricey, but with a good coupon, you can get quite the deal on them. :) They really make dark papers >POP!< ...see before and after with the yellow. Awesome huh?

I used the paper crimper to give my yellow card stock some texture and further enhanced them with spritzes of red ink mist and touches of red ink on the edges.

I use the tom bo glue for Dew Drops since it holds so well to paper and any other medium imagined! A trick for the teeny tiny bits is to use a wax crayon. It can easily pick up the bits with out fumbling with clumsy fingers. Also, re: the Tom Bo, if too much glue comes out, I spread it around with the pointed tip of a blender.

I layered the flames with foam tape for a dimensional look. This album was found in a dollar bin last summer at Target. Perfect for last minute projects or to take on road trips as a travel journal.

I accented the pages with the dew drops, black sharpie, inks and souffle pens.
I just doodled away... :)
Please click on any of the pages for close up detail.









I hope you have enjoyed this mini book and are inspired to make something like this of your own. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vic said...

Very "cool" or should I say hot!! LOL

Cameron said...

What a fun project, Michelle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...