Then I found a basic enough tutorial here on Instructables.
I followed their example of finding the clothes at the thrift store and in making the hat. The rest of the costume was designed using various images of Ash, that Dyllan had on hand.
- 1 short sleeved button up white shirt with collar.
- 1 button up blue shirt with collar.
- Yellow duct tape.
- Red hat, white fabric, sewing thread/needle.
- Red and white Pokeball ball, found at a Anime shop- comes with toy inside.
- Black & white sharpie pen, elastic cord, hole punch,
- Black or green gloves
- Pikachu, back pack
For the ball, I opened it up, like a plastic Easter egg, and used a crop-a-dile to make the hole near the edge of the white ball side. Then I inserted a loop of the elastic big enough for a gloved finger. I knotted it on the outside and then again on the inside of the ball. Instead of snipping the ends of the cord, I secured it with duct tape to the inside of the ball. I used the black sharpie to draw the signature pokeball logo and accented it with the white sharpie in the center. Keep the pens around handy for touch up as the ink tends to scratch off easily from the plastic.
Comments Welcome :)
~Michelle Frae Cummings