12/08/12

Leslie Rahye's - A Very Merry Holiday SteamPunk Blog Hop!

 Welcome to another SteamPunk Blog Hop hosted by Leslie Rahye's!
The theme for this one is Christmas, so I thought it would be fun to make some ornaments!



I started with some glittery cardstock, tissue paper and copper wire.
Then I used some sizzix dies- gears, caged bird and clock hands.
I die cut them multiple times and glued them back to back with Helmars 450 glue. The glue was also helpful for adding the split section of the gears to give it a dimension look when hanging on the tree. I die cut chipboard and used that as a base for the tissue paper. A simple tiny hole punch was used so I could make a hook with the wire and hang on a branch.
I hope you liked my SteamPunk Christmas creations! Please visit my past SteamPunk creations here.
Then visit the rest of the designers below for more Holiday fun!

18 comments:

Stamped Impressions said...

Those are so cute! Thanks for sharing this inspiring project!

Kelli Green aka Cajunstampingqueen said...

That tree is awesome! Love the ornaments!!!

Pammejo said...

great tree, love the look of metal on it. TFS pammejo1@yahoo.com

Sheli Beli said...

Nice! Love the use of metallics.

Lyneen said...

Love your tree... love all the glitter!!!!

Camille Short said...

This is wonderful! Love the Steampunk Tree!

Lisa Fulmer said...

Very sweet - I love that it's more ornament than it is tree, perfect.

Regena said...

great job...glitter and Christmas...always a good combo

LeslieRahye said...

These are wonderful Michelle!!! I bet your house is beautifully decked out for the holidays!!! I think Sam and I need to do some gear ornaments today while we're crafting!!
Thank you for being a part of my blog hop! I love your work and I can't wait to play some more in the new year!!

Jess B. said...

Fantastic job - love everything about it. Gotta get the weather clock die for sure. TFS

Sandy Jones said...

Love theses,, thanks 4 sharing xx

Tristan Robin said...

ahhhh - glitter and steampunk - two of my favorite things!

I love the way you made that die cut into a 3D ornament - very clever!

Nan G said...

Fabulous ornaments! I'm going to give this a try..thanks for sharing!

AJsArts said...

Beautiful Tree and ornaments :) Love the sparkle :)

Fab said...

Great ornaments, love'em ! :) xoxo

Barbara Rankin said...

Love all those glittery steampunky ornaments for your tree. Very clever, Michelle.

Morninglass said...

great ornaments, love how you made them 3D!

Sandra Strait said...

Love your Steampunk tree!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...