5/15/13

A Simply Sweet Sewing Book!

 Here is a little sewing book I whipped up for my step Mom whom is a quilter. I had won the plain canvas book below in a raffle during a weekend crop recently. The blank canvas book is by Maya Road and comes with 3 canvas pages and 3 chipboard pages.


 I used a assortment of Crafters Workshop stencils through out the book on the canvas material,
 and a  Heidi Swapp color shine spritzer, which I love even more than the other leading brands out there. The colors are so vibrant and shimmery. :)

 I have a assortment of vintage inspired stamps that I used.  Most of them are by Crafty Secrets.
 This tiny scissor was waiting at my crop table Sunday morning, a gift to us crafters from Westcott.
So in the book it went! I kept the colors red, turquoise and blue. Such happy vintage colors, don't you agree?
 I purged through my paper and fabric stash for just the right patterns to go into the book.
 On one of the canvas pages I layered some felt and made a spot for my step Mom to put her quilting needles.
 Keeping up with the color theme, I made a little pouch with some clear packaging and Velcro tape and added some embroidery thread for a sewing emergency.
 Fun buttons were glued in place through -out the book.
The book was getting kind of "chunky" so I fashioned a clasp from a glass bead, wire, a button and a crop-a-dile punch. I used the punch on the front of the book and knotted some dyed vintage binding.
 I glued ample amounts of pom pom trim to the side of the book to give it some "bounce".




What do you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...